口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第133期:Do 宴會

本文已影響 1.23W人 

The english we speak(BBC教學)第133期:Do 宴會

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼爾:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是尼爾·埃傑勒。

Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil, you look terrible! You've got red eyes, grey skin and your voice is so rough!

菲菲:我是馮菲菲。尼爾,你看起來很糟糕!你的眼睛發紅,膚色發灰,聲音沙啞!

Neil: Oh, Feifei, you're right. I feel terrible. I went to a leaving do last night and I drank too much beer... and wine...

尼爾:菲菲,你說得沒錯。我感覺很糟。我昨晚參加了一個歡送會,我喝了太多啤酒,還有紅酒……

Feifei: A leaving do? Do?

菲菲:一個leaving do?Do?

Neil: Yes, a leaving do. A colleague has got a job at another company and had a party to celebrate his last day.

尼爾:對,一個歡送會。一個同事在另一家公司找到了份新工作,所以他辦了個聚會來慶祝他在這裏的最後一天。

Feifei: So it was a party?

菲菲:所以那是個派對?

Neil: Yes, that's what I said. It was a leaving do.

尼爾:對,就是我剛纔說過的,一個歡送會。

Feifei: Right, so 'do' is a noun and it means party?

菲菲:好,所以do在這裏是個名詞,意思是聚會?

Neil: Yes, that's right. It's British English. Urgh.

尼爾:對,沒錯。這是英式英語。

Feifei: Ah, so in British English, another word for party is 'do'.

菲菲:所以在英式英語中,派對也可以用do來表示。

A: Did you enjoy Mary's wedding?

A:你在瑪麗的婚禮上玩得開心嗎?

B: Oh, it was an amazing do. The food was delicious and there was an excellent band playing. We danced all night!

B:哦,那真是個非常精彩的宴會。食物非常好吃,而且樂隊演奏非常棒。我們整晚都在跳舞!

A: Oh, hi Dave. We're having a bit of a do on Saturday and wondered if you and Sally would like to come over?

A:你好,戴夫。我們打算週六舉行一場小型宴會,不知道你和薩莉願不願意來參加?

B: Thanks, that would be great. You two always put on a good do.

B:謝謝你,那真是太好了。你們兩個人總是舉辦精彩的宴會。

Feifei: So is this a common word?

菲菲:所以這個詞很常用嗎?

Neil: Yes, you'll hear it all the time: especially in certain phrases.

尼爾:對,你會經常聽到這個詞;尤其是在特定的詞組中。

Feifei: Like what?

菲菲:舉例來說呢?

Neil: Well, a leaving do.

尼爾:比如歡送會。

Feifei: A leaving do.

菲菲:歡送會。

Neil: And a bit of a do–we're having a bit of a do.

尼爾:還有小型聚會,我們計劃辦場小型聚會。

Feifei: A bit of a do. So, was it a good leaving do last night?

菲菲:小型聚會。那昨晚的歡送會精彩嗎?

Neil: Um, yes, yes, yes it was very good... I think. I can't really remember...

尼爾:嗯,很棒,非常精彩……我想,其實我不太記得了……

Feifei: Go home and get some sleep!

菲菲:回家睡一會兒吧!

Neil: That's a very, very good idea. Bye for now.

尼爾:這是個非常棒的主意。現在該結束節目了。

Feifei: Bye!

菲菲:再見!

重點講解:
1. do
宴會;社交聚會;社交活動;
eg. A friend of his is having a do in Stoke.
他的一位朋友正在斯托克舉辦宴會。
eg. They always have all-night dos there.
他們經常在那兒鬧通宵。
2. come over
順便來訪;過來;
eg. I already told you not to come over.
我已經告訴你別過來了。
eg. The car has not been running very well and a mechanic had to come over to have a look at it.
這輛車最近跑起來一直不是很順,只好請修理工來看了一下。
3. all the time
一直;始終;
eg. Ray was very giggly and joking all the time.
蕾特別喜歡咯咯地笑,而且總是愛開玩笑。
eg. Conditions are changing all the time.
情況始終都在變化。
4. put on
上演;舉辦;展出;
eg. They are putting on Macbeth next week.
他們下週演出《麥克白》。
eg. Now, to put on a broadway play or musical, you need backers.
就當下來說,想上演一場百老匯的戲劇或者歌舞劇,得有贊助商。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章