口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第134期:Glamping 豪華野營

本文已影響 1.66W人 

The english we speak(BBC教學)第134期:Glamping 豪華野營

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼爾:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是尼爾·埃傑勒。

Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.

菲菲:我是馮菲菲。尼爾,你今天看起來很放鬆,而且也很健康。

Neil: Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.

尼爾:哦,謝謝你,菲菲,實際上我剛去野營度假回來。

Feifei: A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!

菲菲:野營度假?大部分野營回來的人看上去都需要繼續休假,因爲野營地沒有舒適的設施。

Neil: Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.

尼爾:實際上我說謊了。我參加的是豪華野營。

Feifei: Glamping?

菲菲:豪華野營?

Neil: Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite, we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.

尼爾:對,豪華野營。雖然我是住在帳篷裏,但其實當我們到達露營地時,帳篷已經搭好了,我們睡在舒服的牀上,那裏甚至還有配備爐具和冰箱的廚房。

Feifei: Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!

菲菲:哇,那聽起來可比普通的露營豪華多了!

Neil: Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get…

尼爾:沒錯!豪華的露營。把這兩個詞組合在一起,就是……

Both: Glamping.

二人一起:豪華野營。

Feifei: Oh I see… glamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous…

菲菲:哦,我明白了……glamping這個詞是由兩個詞組成的:是豪華……

Neil: And camping.

尼爾:還有露營。

Feifei: It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.

菲菲:稱爲豪華是因爲那裏有很多一般帳篷中不會有的設施,比如舒適的牀,甚至還有廚房。

Example

例子

A: I really hate camping… It reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!

A:我真的非常討厭露營……那讓我想起了孩提時代的痛苦假期,那時我睡在冰冷又潮溼的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!

B: You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!

B:你應該試試豪華野營。你可以在戶外享受愉快的時光,然後睡在舒服的牀上,享用美食!那非常美好!

Feifei: So do people really use this word 'glamping'?

菲菲:那glamping這個詞很常用嗎?

Neil: Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.

尼爾:對,這是一個比較新的詞,而且有點玩笑的意味,不過你可以聽到人們使用這個詞,因爲現在有越來越多的公司提供豪華野營假期。

Feifei: Hmm…

菲菲:嗯……

Neil: What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?

尼爾:菲菲,怎麼了?我知道你是都市女孩,不過你不想試試豪華野營嗎?

Feifei: I'm not sure about that… Is there room service?

菲菲:我不太確定……那裏有客戶服務嗎?

Neil: Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!

尼爾:客服服務?那太過了!恐怕這對豪華野營來說太奢華了!

Feifei: OK, how about a spa and massage room?!

菲菲:好吧,那有沒有水療室和按摩室?

Neil: Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.

尼爾:水療室和按摩室?老實說,那實質上還只是露營而已。現在該結束節目了。

Feifei: Ha ha! Bye!

菲菲:哈哈!再見!

重點講解:
1. set up
創建;建立;安排;組建;
eg. They set up a working party to look into the issue.
他們設立了一個特別工作組來調查這個問題。
eg. Tommy set up a bookshelf with a few pieces of wood.
湯米用幾塊木板搭成一個書架。
2. put together
裝配;組裝;拼合;組合;
eg. Vannevar bush put together a hard-working team.
萬瓦尼爾.布什組建了一個十分刻苦的團隊。
eg. These systems can be put together and used as knowledge management tools.
這些系統可以放在一起,用作知識管理工具。
3. remind sb. of sth.
使想起;使記起;提醒;
eg. I feel it is absolutely necessary for me to remind him of the meeting today.
我覺得絕對有必要提醒他今天要開會。
eg. He is fixated on things that remind him of his childhood.
他異常依戀那些使他回憶起童年生活的東西。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀