口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第85期:Face the Music 接受現實

本文已影響 2.81W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

You probably enjoy listening to music. You might even enjoy playing music.

你可能喜歡聽音樂。你甚至可能還喜歡演奏音樂。

But what does this mean? Face the Music.

但是,這個短語是什麼意思呢?Face the Music

一分鐘英語 第85期:Face the Music 接受現實

Anna? Anna? Is that you? Why are you hiding?

安娜?安娜?是你嗎?你爲什麼要躲躲藏藏的?

Shhh, I'm hiding from Ashley. Why?

噓,我在躲艾希莉。爲什麼啊?

You know her favorite plant. I forgot to water it while she was away.

你知道她最喜歡的那株植物吧。她不在的時候我忘記澆水了。

Oh, that's dead. It's time you faced the music and told her.

哦,植物死了。是時候面對現實,告訴她吧。

Yeah, Anna. It's time to "face the music."

是的,安娜。是時候“面對現實”了。

This expression means to accept the results of your actions, even if the results are unpleasant.

這個短語的意思是接受因你的行爲而帶來的結果,儘管這個結果不令人愉快。

In Anna's case, it means to accept responsibility for killing my favorite plant.

在安娜這個例子中,這個短語的意思是因殺死了我最喜歡的植物而承擔責任。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章