口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第173期:Music to My Ears 好消息

本文已影響 2.67W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Most people enjoy listening to music.

大多數人都喜歡聽音樂

But, is this expression actually about songs and tunes? Music To My Ears

但是,這個表達真的是關於歌曲和樂調的嗎?好消息

Jonathan, I cannot believe we have to work over the weekend.

喬納森,我真是不敢相信這週末我們又要加班了。

Did you not hear the news? The meeting for the project got canceled. No work this weekend after all!

你沒聽說嗎?這個項目這週末的會議取消了。這個週末終於沒有工作了!

Awesome! That is music to my ears! Now, I'll have a chance to catch up on my latest book.

太棒了!那可真是好消息啊!現在,我有時間去趕我最近的新書了。

一分鐘英語 第173期:Music to My Ears 好消息

You say something is "music to your ears" when you hear good news, or just news that makes you happy.

當你聽到好消息或者是讓你開心的消息時,你會說那是“music to your ears”。

Music is pleasant to listen to. That is where this expression comes from.

音樂聽起來讓人很開心。這就是這個表達的來源。

In our example, learning that she didn't have to work on the weekend, was music to Anna's ears.

在我們的例子中,安娜知道週末不用加班以後,她很開心。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章