口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第124期:Sugarcoat 掩飾

本文已影響 1.32W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Sugar is sweet and tasty! And a coat is the outer covering of something.

糖很甜很好吃。而外層是指某種東西的外面覆蓋物。

So I just looked inside your car.

剛纔我看了下你車裏面。

Tell me what's wrong. And don't sugarcoat it. I can take it.

告訴我哪裏壞了。不要有所掩飾。我能承受。

Your engine is destroyed. You need a new car.

你的發動機徹底壞了。你得換新車了。

Wow! You could have sugarcoated that news a little.

哇!你本來是可以掩飾一點點的。

一分鐘英語 第124期:Sugarcoat 掩飾

If you talk about a problem in a way that makes the issue seem more pleasant than it are sugarcoating it.

如果你在談論某個問題時,用的是和善的方式,而實際上事情更嚴重時,你就是在掩飾它了。

This expression comes from drug makers.

這個表述源自制藥者。

In the past, they started putting sugar on some pills to make them easier to swallow.

過去,他們將糖裹在某些藥物外面,使得藥片更好吞嚥。

When you sugarcoat bad news, you make it easier for the other person to hear.

當你掩飾壞消息時,聽者會更容易接受。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章