口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第172期:Rule of Thumb 經驗法則

本文已影響 9.21K人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目

The thumb is the shortest digit on your hand.

拇指是你手掌上最短的一個手指。

But what does a thumb have to do with rules? Rule of Thumb

不過一個拇指和規則有什麼關係?經驗法則

I thought you were supposed to be in Mexico City for your friend's wedding.

我記得你應該是去墨西哥城參加你朋友的婚禮啊。

t that... I missed my flight last night.

是的,不過我錯過了昨晚的航班

I thought getting there 40 minutes early would be enough time, but it wasn't.

我本以爲提前40分鐘到時間完全夠了,但是還是沒來得及。

For international flights, the rule of thumb is to get to the airport two or even three hours early.

對國際航班來說,經驗法則是要提前兩個甚至三個小時到機場。

Unfortunately, your advice comes about ten hours too late, Jonathan.

很不走運,你的忠告遲到了大約10個小時,Jonathan。

一分鐘英語 第172期:Rule of Thumb 經驗法則

A "rule of thumb" is a general estimate.

一則經驗法則是一種大致的估計。

It is not scientific or exact.

它並不是科學的或者說確切的。

This expression comes from using body parts as units of measure.

這個短語來源於用身體部位作爲衡量的單位。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章