英語閱讀英語閱讀理解

我們每天到底工作了幾個小時

本文已影響 2.04W人 

You arrive late to work. (Just a few minutes…)
你上班的時候就已經遲到了(也許只是幾分鐘...)

You then get your coffee. And then socialize with others about their weekend.
然後再泡杯咖啡。還要和同事交流一下週末的情況。

You check the news. And then surf your inbox for 45 minutes.
接着再看看新聞,然後瀏覽郵件還需要45分鐘。

Soon, it’s lunch time.
不一會兒就中午了。

Wait… you just got here.
等等...你剛剛到這裏還沒多久呢。

我們每天到底工作了幾個小時

You might need to ask, “How many hours are you actually working in your day?”
也許得問問你自己:“上班時間你到底工作了幾個小時?”

Late to Work, and Late to Start Work
上班遲到,開始工作就更晚

I see it in many office cultures. People straggle in 20–30 minutes late into the workday. They then spend another 30 minutes getting started.
我發現很多辦公室職員都是這樣的。拖拖拉拉地晚到20-30分鐘。然後還要用半小時才能開始工作。

Wasting Time at Work
工作的時候浪費時間

How much time are you actually working in your workday?
工作期間你到底工作了幾個小時?

The Most productive companies are those that reward results instead of mere activity. They often have loose schedules and allow their workers to work in the ways they work best.
效率高的公司看重的是結果而非過程。他們的時間表通常安排得比較鬆散,允許員工以自己最佳的工作方式工作。

They don’t stay in the office for the sake of clocking time, sending emails, or having meaningless meetings. They allow their workers to get their work done…. and then get out of the office.
他們不必待在辦公室打發時間,發郵件或是開些不必要的小會。公司允許員工自主的完成工作,然後下班回家。

However, many workplaces don’t work this way.
但是,很多公司都不是這樣的工作方式。

Employees are expected to put in long workdays regardless of the workload. And success is often measured by hours instead of actual progress.
員工考慮的是如何打發漫長的工作時間而不管工作任務。成功通常是用工作時間來衡量的,而不是取決於你在工作中進步多少。

But, what is actually getting done during these long workdays?
但是,在工作期間你到底做了多少?

Most workers waste upwards of 2 hours per day at work
大多數人工作日的時候都會浪費2小時以上

They spend up to a third of their time in email
通常會用上1/3的時間來查看郵件

And even more time in meetings.
甚至把更多的時間用來閒聊

This busyness can be a real problem. In fact, many companies mistake busyness with productivity.
這種忙碌纔是真正的問題,實際上,許多公司都在效率上有一定的問題。

Even more worrisome are those that are in denial about wasting time at work.
更讓人擔心的是那些不承認在工作期間浪費時間的人。

Get Your Work Done First
首先完成工作

If you find yourself constantly complaining you have too much to do, or you never get out of work on time, you need to ask, “How many hours am I actually working in my workday?”
要是你發現自己一直在抱怨有太多事還沒做,或者從沒及時的完成工作,那麼你應該問問你自己,“工作期間我到底花了多少時間來工作?”

You might find that you are spending more time avoiding work than doing it.
你也許會發現你用了很多時間逃避工作,而不是完成工作。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章