英語閱讀英語閱讀理解

服務員真是個神奇的職業,什麼猛料都能聽到

本文已影響 2.54W人 

When I was a server in high school I accidentally walked apron-first into a full-fledged breakup with nothing but a pitcher of water and a friendly, naive smile. There was crying. There was cursing. Napkins were thrown in faces. I backed away and hid in the bathroom for an hour.
我上高中的時候,曾當過服務員,那時候我不小心撞見一場正式的分手戲碼,而我只是給他們上了一壺水,並投之以友好又天真的微笑。當時,哭泣、咒罵以及把餐巾紙扔到臉上的戲碼一起上演。我慢慢地退了回去,然後在洗手間裏躲了1個小時。

At the time, I had thought this was the Most awkward moment that a server could ever invade. Then, I read this recent Reddit thread. Now I know how much worse it could have been. Why don't people have these conversations at home?
當時我覺得這可能是一名服務員經歷過的最尷尬的瞬間了。然後,我看到了Reddit(一家新聞網站)最近發表的一個話題。現在我知道(服務員會經歷)多麼糟糕的情況了。人們爲什麼不在家裏談論這些話題呢?

服務員真是個神奇的職業,什麼猛料都能聽到

Here are some of the high (low?) lights.
這裏有一些高能(尷尬?)的瞬間。

The "Everything is really, really bad"
“一切都非常、非常糟糕。”

The "Sorry, I'm in love with your sister"
“對不起,我愛上了你的姐妹。”

The "Just to let you know, I had an affair during the Second World War"
“只是想讓你知道,在二戰期間,我曾有過外遇。”

The "Mom and dad... I'm gay"
“媽媽,爸爸……我是同性戀。”

The "I probably shouldn't have shown you that video..."
“我可能不該給你看那個視頻……”

The "Whoops, we aren't virgins anymore and I don't know why we are telling you this"
“哎呀!我們不再是處女了,我不知道我們爲什麼會告訴你這些。”

The "Please pay your child support... please?!"
“請支付子女撫養費……行嗎?!”

The "Hey I'm pregnant," and "Is this your wife or one of your many girlfriends?"
“嗨,我懷孕了,”以及“這是你的妻子還是你衆多女友之一?”

The "Sorry I ruined your proposal, buddy"
“兄弟,對不起我毀了你的求婚。”

The "Hey, I know you from the strip club! Wait, is this your dad?"
“嗨,我知道你是脫衣舞俱樂部的!等等,這是你爸爸嗎?”

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章