商務英語常用商務英語口語

職場英文口語 第42期:加班(1)

本文已影響 1.52W人 

It's late at the offices of Tip Top Trading.

職場英文口語 第42期:加班(1)
來到Tip Top Trading的辦公室已經很晚了。

Anna is alone, working. Again.

安娜又在一個人加班了。

She's been doing this all week, she wants her presentation to Mr Lime to be perfect so she's been spending hours and hours on it. Anna?

她一整週都在準備着,她希望給 Lime先生做的報告盡善盡美,所以她花了無數的時間爲此工作着。安娜?

Don't interrupt! I'm busy. Sorry.

別打擾我!我忙着呢。對不起。

Anna, you're really burning the candle at both ends. What?

安娜,你真是勞累過度。 什麼?

Burning the candle at both ends – it means working very hard – working late and getting up early to work all the time.

一根蠟燭兩頭燒的意思是勞累過度,總是工作得很晚而且起得很早。

I didn't know that expression.

我不知道這個表達。

Well here are some more: You're doing overtime; which means you're working longer than office hours.

還有一些表達:“You're doing overtime”意思是你超出了工作時間。

You're putting in the hours; which means you are spending all the time needed to achieve something.

“You're putting in the hours”意思是你花了很多時間完成工作。

Yes, I'm putting in the hours to make sure my presentation is perfect.

是的,我花了很多時間爲了讓我的報告盡善盡美。

And if you don't mind me saying so, you might burn out; which means you are working so hard that you might get very tired and run out of energy.

如果你不介意我這麼說的話,你非得累死不可,意思是你工作太努力了,很可能變得十分疲憊無力。

I'm not burning out. I'm full of energy.

我不會累死的。我全身幹勁。

I just need to finish this bit...

我只需要完成這點……

My goodness, nothing's locked.

上帝,都沒上鎖。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章