口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第53期: with a pinch of salt不完全相信

本文已影響 2.68W人 

The english we speak(BBC教學)第53期: with a pinch of salt不完全相信

Kaz: Hi. You're listening to The English We Speak. I'm Kaz and today I'm having dinner at Li's house.

卡茲:大家好,您正在收聽我們所說的英語。我是卡茲,今天我在李的家裏吃晚餐。

Li: Hi, I'm Li and I've prepared some chocolate mousse for dessert.

李:大家好,我是李,我晚餐準備了一些巧克力慕斯。

Kaz: Oh thanks. I love chocolate mousse. Mmm, it's delicious.

卡茲:哦謝謝。我喜歡巧克力慕斯。嗯,這很美味。

Li: Good! Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes, I don't know if I want to stay in this house. I mean, Chris thinks it's haunted and that there are ghosts here! He says he can sense their presence...

李:很好!不管怎樣,我剛纔在說什麼?哦是的,我不知道是否想帶着這個房子裏。我的意思是,克里斯覺得這個房子鬧鬼而且這裏有一些鬼!他說他能感覺到它們的存在。

Kaz: ReAlly? I can't sense anything.

卡茲:真的嗎?我感覺不到任何東西。

Li: Shhh... listen? Can you hear something?

李:噓...聽?你能聽到嗎?

Kaz: No Li, I can't hear anything - just the wind outside. If you want my advice, you should take it with a pinch of salt.

卡茲:不,李,我聽不到任何東西——只有外面的風。如果你需要我的建議,你應該不要全部相信這個。

Li: OK, I will... Yuck! That's disgusting.

李:好的,我會的...噁心!這太噁心了。

Kaz: Li, what are you doing?

卡茲:李,你在幹什麼?

Li: I just ate my chocolate mousse with a pinch of salt, as you suggested, and it's absolutely disgusting.

李:我剛剛在巧克力慕斯里加上了少量的鹽,正如你所建議的,但這完完全全令人噁心。

Kaz: Li, I was talking about what Chris said about ghosts in your house. In English, if you take something with a pinch of salt, it means you don't completely believe it.

卡茲:李,我剛纔說的是關於克里斯說的你房間裏有鬼的事。在英語中,如果你把某事加上少量的鹽,意思是你並不完全相信這件事。

Li: Really? What a weird expression. So if I take something with a pinch of salt, it means I doubt whether something is true.

李:真的嗎?真是個奇怪的表達。那麼如果我把某事加上少量的鹽,這意思是我質疑這件事是否正確。

Kaz: Yes, and sometimes Chris does exaggerate, so you shouldn't always believe everything he says.

卡茲:是的,有些時候克里斯的確擴大事實,所以你不應該總是相信他說的所有事。

Li: Let's hear some examples:

李:讓我們來聽一些例子:

Apparently they're going to sell the company and make everyone redundant.

顯然他們不會賣掉公司來讓所有人被解僱。

You should take it with a pinch of salt; it's only a rumour.

你應該別完全相信這個,這只是個流言

The other day he told me he speaks 23 languages fluently.

那天他告訴我他會流利地說23種語言。

I take everything he says with a pinch of salt because I know he likes to exaggerate.

我並不完全相信他說的因爲我知道他喜歡誇張。

Li: Ah, right. So when Chris told me there were spirits or ghosts in my house, I should take it with a pinch of salt. Maybe he's just making it up to scare me!

李:啊,是的。所以當克里斯告訴我我的房子裏有靈魂或鬼魂,我應該不完全相信。或許他只是編造來嚇我!

Kaz: I'm sure he just said it as a joke. Do you want some more chocolate mousse - without a pinch of salt this time?

卡茲:我確定他只是當做玩笑說的。你想再來點巧克力慕斯嗎——這次是沒有鹽的?

Li: Good idea. Mmm, it does taste really nice without salt.

李:好主意。嗯,不加鹽確實嚐起來很好。

Li: What was that?

李:那是什麼?

Kaz: It's probably the wind?

卡茲:那或許是風?

Li: It's not the wind. Someone's in the house! Look, there's someone coming into the room!

李:那不是風。有人在屋子裏!看,有人正在進到房間裏!

Voice: Ooooo, Oooooooo, I'm a ghost!

聲音:嗚,嗚,我是鬼魂!

Kaz: What the...? Hang on a minute, I recognise that voice.

卡茲:什麼?等一下,我聽出這個聲音了。

Li: Chris, Chris? Is that you? Why are you covered in a white sheet?

李:克里斯,克里斯?那是你嗎?你爲什麼披着白色的牀單?

Chris: I'm a ghost that's come to haunt you... I heard you made some chocolate mousse, Li, so I came over to eat some... Ooooo...

克里斯:我是來訪問你的鬼魂...我聽說你做了一些巧克力慕斯,李,所以我來吃一些...嗚...

Li: You scared us! I really do have to take what you say and do with a pinch of salt.

李:你嚇到我們了!我真的應該不完全相信你說的和做的。

Chris: Mmm... delicious!

克里斯:嗯...好吃!

All: Bye!

一起:再見!

Li: Unbelievable!

李:難以置信!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章