口語英語口語英語練習小對話

英語口語練習小對話 第9期:妻管嚴

本文已影響 1.57W人 

習語:a hen-pecked husband

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第9期:妻管嚴

知識點津:hen-pecked表示“受老婆虐待或怕老婆的人”,所以a hen-pecked husband指的是“怕老婆的人”,和中文的“妻管嚴”類似。

支持範例:

He is a hen-pecked husband and his wife wears the trousers on all the matters.

他是個“妻管嚴”,家裏事無鉅細全由老婆說了算。

He never does anything without asking his wife first—he's a completely hen-pecked husband.

他做任何事都要首先請示他老婆—他是個十足的“妻管嚴”。

Yes, everyone knows he is a hen-pecked husband.

對呀,大家都知道他家有母老虎。

迷你對話:

A :Does your wife work?

你的妻子工作嗎?

B :Yes, she does. She works at home.

是的,她在家工作。

A :Oh, I understand. She cooks, cleans and takes care of children. Is that right?

哦,我明白了。他做飯,打掃屋子,看孩子,對嗎?

B :Oh, no. Most of the time I do these things. She is a writer.

哦,不。大多數時間是我幹這些活。她是個作家

A :You are reallya hen-pecked husband.

你可真是個“妻管嚴”呀。

詞海拾貝:

take care of:照顧,照料

I ached to be of an age to take care of myself.

我巴望能到自食其力的年齡。

I' ll take care of the affairs of office.

我來處理辦公室的日常事務。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章