就職:Giving an Excuse for Being Late to Work 給工作一個遲到的理由
18. Giving an Excuse for Being Late to Work
18.給工作一個遲到的理由
A: Good morning, Peterson Industries.
A:早上好,彼得森產業。
B: Hello, Betty. This is Roger.
B:你好,貝蒂。這是羅傑。
A: Hey, Roger. Where are you?
A:嗨,羅傑。你在哪裡?
B: I am stuck on the 60 freeway. I'm going to be late for work.
B:我被困在60高速公路。我上班要遲到了。
A: Oh, no. Any traffic accident happened?
A:噢,不是吧。發生任何交通事故了嗎?
B: I reAlly don't know, Betty. All I know is that traffic is crawling.
B:我真的不知道,貝蒂。所有我知道的就是交通如爬行般緩慢。
A: I will tell your supervisor you called in late.
A:我將打電話告訴你的上司你要遲到了。
B: That would be great, but I could tell him myself.
B:這將太好了,但我可以自己告訴他。
A: Well, normally that would be okay, but he's stuck in the same traffic jam.
A:嗯,正常情況下會沒事,但他也被困在同樣的交通堵塞裡了。
B: Oh no! Really? Okay.
B:噢,不是吧?好吧。
A: At least he'll know your excuse is true!
A:至少他會知道你的理由是真的!
B: Yes. Thank you. See you soon.
B:是的。謝謝你。回見。
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載