The english we speak(BBC教學)第134期:Glamping 豪華野營
Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.
尼爾:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是尼爾·埃傑勒。Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.
菲菲:我是馮菲菲。尼爾,你今天看起來很放鬆,而且也很健康。Neil: Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.
尼爾:哦,謝謝你,菲菲,實際上我剛去野營度假回來。
Feifei: A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!
菲菲:野營度假?大部分野營回來的人看上去都需要繼續休假,因為野營地沒有舒適的設施。Neil: Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.
尼爾:實際上我説謊了。我參加的是豪華野營。Feifei: Glamping?
菲菲:豪華野營?Neil: Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite, we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.
尼爾:對,豪華野營。雖然我是住在帳篷裏,但其實當我們到達露營地時,帳篷已經搭好了,我們睡在舒服的牀上,那裏甚至還有配備爐具和冰箱的廚房。Feifei: Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!
菲菲:哇,那聽起來可比普通的露營豪華多了!Neil: Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get…
尼爾:沒錯!豪華的露營。把這兩個詞組合在一起,就是……Both: Glamping.
二人一起:豪華野營。Feifei: Oh I see… glamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous…
菲菲:哦,我明白了……glamping這個詞是由兩個詞組成的:是豪華……Neil: And camping.
尼爾:還有露營。Feifei: It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.
菲菲:稱為豪華是因為那裏有很多一般帳篷中不會有的設施,比如舒適的牀,甚至還有廚房。Example
例子A: I really hate camping… It reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!
A:我真的非常討厭露營……那讓我想起了孩提時代的痛苦假期,那時我睡在冰冷又潮濕的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!B: You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!
B:你應該試試豪華野營。你可以在户外享受愉快的時光,然後睡在舒服的牀上,享用美食!那非常美好!Feifei: So do people really use this word 'glamping'?
菲菲:那glamping這個詞很常用嗎?Neil: Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.
尼爾:對,這是一個比較新的詞,而且有點玩笑的意味,不過你可以聽到人們使用這個詞,因為現在有越來越多的公司提供豪華野營假期。Feifei: Hmm…
菲菲:嗯……Neil: What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?
尼爾:菲菲,怎麼了?我知道你是都市女孩,不過你不想試試豪華野營嗎?Feifei: I'm not sure about that… Is there room service?
菲菲:我不太確定……那裏有客户服務嗎?Neil: Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!
尼爾:客服服務?那太過了!恐怕這對豪華野營來説太奢華了!Feifei: OK, how about a spa and massage room?!
菲菲:好吧,那有沒有水療室和按摩室?Neil: Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.
尼爾:水療室和按摩室?老實説,那實質上還只是露營而已。現在該結束節目了。Feifei: Ha ha! Bye!
菲菲:哈哈!再見!重點講解:
1. set up
創建;建立;安排;組建;
eg. They set up a working party to look into the issue.
他們設立了一個特別工作組來調查這個問題。
eg. Tommy set up a bookshelf with a few pieces of wood.
湯米用幾塊木板搭成一個書架。
2. put together
裝配;組裝;拼合;組合;
eg. Vannevar bush put together a hard-working team.
萬瓦尼爾.布什組建了一個十分刻苦的團隊。
eg. These systems can be put together and used as knowledge management tools.
這些系統可以放在一起,用作知識管理工具。
3. remind sb. of sth.
使想起;使記起;提醒;
eg. I feel it is absolutely necessary for me to remind him of the meeting today.
我覺得絕對有必要提醒他今天要開會。
eg. He is fixated on things that remind him of his childhood.
他異常依戀那些使他回憶起童年生活的東西。