口語英語實用生活英語口語

每天三分鐘學英語 第439期:英文hush hush不是“噓噓”,down low也不是“巨low”的意思

本文已影響 7.42K人 
Go behind my back
揹着我做某事

I'm a partner in this firm, and you went behind my back to Kim?
我是你的合夥人,可你卻揹着我跟Kim溝通?

Go over your boss's head
越級

You went over your boss's head? He's going to kill you when he finds out.
你越過你老闆(跟別人溝通)?他知道了可饒不了你。

Talk to your boss's superiors
和你老闆的上級溝通

Talk to your boss's superiors without him/her knowing.
在你老闆不知情的情況下和他的上級溝通。

每天三分鐘學英語 第439期:英文hush-hush不是“噓噓”,down low也不是“巨low”的意思


Talk behind my back
在背後議論我

He talks behind my back, but is nice to my face.
他在背後議論我,卻在我面前對我很好。

Behind closed doors
祕密的;暗中

The meeting was behind closed doors so I don't know what they talked about.
這個會議是私密的,我也不知道他們説了什麼。

Between you and me
你知我知;就咱倆知道

This is just between you and me. Nobody else knows about it.
這個事是你我之間的,別人不知道。

Hush-hush
祕密的

Let's keep this hush-hush okay. If the word gets out, we're done.
咱們悄悄的ok,如果走露風聲咱就完了。

Down low
低調

We might be getting a raise, but keep it on the d.l. (down low) because I'm not 100 percent sure.
我可能要加薪,不過低調點,因為這事也不百分百確定。

Quiet
悄悄的

Please keep this on the q.t. (quiet) until it's official.
在這個確定前咱悄悄的啊~

猜你喜歡

熱點閲讀

最新文章

推薦閲讀