一分鐘英語 第17期:It Costs Me an Arm and a Leg 價格非常高
Welcome to English in a Minute.
歡迎收聽《一分鐘英語》。Let's say you buy something.
來討論一下購物的問題。And when you pay for it, you say: This costs me an arm and a leg!
當你買某件東西時,你説“這花掉了我的一條腿和一隻胳膊!”(This costs me an arm and a leg!)
Do you have to give them your arm and your leg? I hope not.
你是必須要給一隻胳膊和一條腿麼?我希望不是真的。Let's listen to an American English conversation to see if we can find out what this means.
讓我們來聽聽下面這段美式英語對話,看看能否明白它真正的意思。Did you buy that new computer?
你買那台新電腦了麼?Yeah, I did. And it cost way more than I expected it to.
是的,買了。它比我想象中的貴了很多。How much?
多少錢?Let me just tell you it costs an arm and a leg!
它花掉了我一隻胳膊和一條腿。(it costs an arm and a leg!)When you say in American English that something costs an arm and a leg, it means that the price is very, very high.
當你用美式英語説某物花掉了一隻胳膊和一條腿時(something costs an arm and a leg),意思是價格非常、非常高。If you use this phrase, everyone in the United State will understand you.
如果你在美國使用這條短語,大家都會明白你的意思。But this is an informal phrase, so don't use it in a business setting.
但是這是個非正式場合用語,所以不要在商務環境下用使用這個短語。And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。