英語閱讀英語閱讀理解

你改變了我的一生 而你自己卻不知道!

本文已影響 2.52W人 

These two ladies profoundly impacted my life
這兩位女士對我的人生產生了深刻的影響
and I will never be able to thank them personally,
我卻永遠沒有機會對她們當面表示感謝了
so I will do it here.
所以我會在這裏表達謝意
First,
首先
to the random teenage girl on the train:
我要致那個在火車上偶遇的少女
You were talking with your friend.
那時你在和朋友聊天
She seemed really depressed
你的朋友看起來十分消沉
because she could not get a boyfriend.
因爲她找不到男朋友
I was half listening to the conversation
我無意間大致聽到了你們的對話
while dozing off
一邊還昏昏欲睡
and heard you say:
我聽到你說
"WHY do you want a boyfriend so much?
爲什麼你這麼想要有一個男友?
What do you think will change in your life
你覺得,自己的生活會發生什麼變化
after getting a boyfriend?"
當你有了男友之後
That woke me up.
這句話點醒了我
At the time,
那時
I was obsessing over getting a particular "dream job".
我岌岌的想要爭取一份“夢想中的工作”
I was depressed
爲此我十分消沉
and anxious about it,
十分焦急
I was crying over it.
我時常爲之哭泣
I was feeling like such a failure.
我感到自己太失敗了
It was all I could think or talk (and complain) about.
我滿腦子裏想的,口中說(抱怨)的都是這件事
As soon as I got home,
我一回到家
I made a list:
就做了一個清單
"Things that I think will change
生活中會有什麼樣的變化
if I get my dream job".
如果我得到了我夢中的工作
It ended up being such a long list.
最後,我列出了一張非常長的清單
I was basically blaming all of life's problems,
基本上我就是在抱怨生活中的難題
big and small
有大有小
on not having this particular job.
似乎它們都是因爲我沒有得到那份工作才產生的
Not only that,
不僅如此
but I was also putting things "on hold"
我還擱置了許多事情
until after I got this job
一定要等到自己得到那份工作才願意做
for no good reason.
並沒有什麼正當的理由
Like I needed a particular job title
比如,我需要那個職位頭銜
to join a gym
才能去健身
or practice my hobby.
去發展自己的愛好
So I took that list
於是我拿起那張清單
and started DOING everything I wrote down.
開始實際的做每一件我寫下的事情
I started addressing the problems directly
我開始直面那些問題
and finding outlets for the things
尋找某些事情的出口
I was not satisfied with.
排解自己對那些事情的不滿
I still wanted the job,
我仍然 那份工作
but my happiness did not depend on it.
但我是否幸福並不完全儀仗於它
Since then,
從那時起
when I find myself obsessing over a particular thing,
每當我發現自己沉湎於某樣東西
I always take the time
我總會花些時間
to think
去想一想
if I'm using it as an excuse
我是不是在用這樣東西當做藉口
to not work on other problems I might have.
從而不去解決自己可能面臨的其他難題
Thank you,
謝謝你
teenage girl on the train.
火車上的少女
You were trying to help your friend
你只是想幫助自己的朋友
and changed a stranger's life instead.
但你卻改變了一個陌生人的一生
Second,
我第二個要感謝的
to the woman that lives in an apartment
是住在同一棟公寓裏的女人
somewhere above me:
她家正好在我樓上
You moved to the building
你搬進公寓時
shortly after I did.
我剛搬進去不久
I heard some people move
我聽到有人搬運東西的聲音
what sounded like a very heavy object
聽上去像是十分沉重的東西
up the stairs
就在我的樓上
and you thanking them
你連聲道謝
with such happiness in your voice.
聲音裏滿滿的歡欣
And then I heard music.
然後我聽到了音樂
You almost didn't wait for the movers to leave
你甚至不願意等到搬家的人離開
before you started playing that piano.
就開始彈奏你的鋼琴
And you kept playing.
你一直彈下去
Every day.
每天如此
Every day
每天
I heard the piano
我都聽到鋼琴聲
and I remember thinking
我記得自己那時想到
"She plays beautifully,
她彈得多麼好
I wish I was that good at my hobby".
真希望我對自己的愛好也是如此精通
And then I felt like an idiot.
這時我才知道自己多麼愚蠢
Because
因爲
I was hearing you play every day
我每天都聽到你彈鋼琴
while I was wasting time online.
自己卻在上網浪費時間
So I closed my laptop
於是我關上了自己的筆記本
and got practicing.
開始練習
I'm trying to build that habit now.
現在,我正努力發展自己的愛好
Sometimes
有時
it's hard to find that motivation ,
我很難找到自己的動力
sometimes I forget .
有時我會忘記
But every day I hear you play,
但是每天我都會聽到你練琴
and every time
每到這時
I stop what I'm doing
我會停下手頭正在做的事情
and practice for a little bit.
練習一小會兒
I'm still not great,
我仍然技藝不佳
but I'm getting better.
但我在不斷進步
Thank you,
謝謝你
lady who lives in my building.
與我住在同一棟樓裏的女士
You are just practicing a skill you enjoy
你只是在練習一項你喜歡的技藝
and you inspired a stranger to do the same.
你卻激勵了一個陌生人向你那樣去做

你改變了我的一生 而你自己卻不知道!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章