英語學習英語閱讀技巧

雙語美文:今天是我一生中最好的一天

本文已影響 1.32W人 

I was sitting at the dinner table

雙語美文:今天是我一生中最好的一天

我坐在餐桌邊


with my mother and step father

母親和繼父跟我坐在一起


discussing two different family drama situations

我們正討論着家裏發生過的兩個有趣的軼事


when my mom gasps

忽然,媽媽倒吸了一口氣


and her mouth is hanging wide open.

嘴巴張的大大的


She isn't speaking

她一句話也說不出來


so I go and look on her phone

我探身過去看她的手機


and it's a friend request on social website

原來是社交網上的一個好友申請


from my big sister

來自我的姐姐


who we both haven't spoken to in four years

我們已經跟姐姐斷絕往來四年了


when all of my sisters got pissed at my mom

那時我的姐姐們都對母親非常生氣


over lies about their childhood spread by their biological father.

因爲母親在她們的生父這件事上撒了謊


They abandoned me too

她們也拋棄了我


since I was still living with her.

因爲我和母親住在一起


I lean over

我靠過去


and hug my mom over the shoulders

抱住了母親的肩膀


and tuck my head in between her jaw and shoulder

把腦袋塞到她的下巴底下,肩膀上面的位置


as I myself start getting teary eyed.

自己也開始眼淚婆娑


She says

母親說


"I don't want to accept it right away

我不能現在就接受邀請


that would be weird"

那會看起來很奇怪


and as she finishes saying this

她剛說完這句話


messenger is ringing

發現手機響了


and it's my big sister calling.

是我姐姐打來的


They talked for over two hours

他們談了兩個多小時


and hearing my sister

能夠聽到姐姐的聲音


who I haven't seen or heard from in four years

——四年裏從沒見面,音訊全無的姐姐


and hearing my niece and nephew

聽到我侄子和侄女的聲音


who were one and three years old the last time I saw them

——上一次見面時一個才一歲,一個三歲


speaking words and full comprehendible sentences

如今他們已經開始說話,說出完整的,能讓人聽懂的句子


was the best thing ever.

這真是最棒的事情


The last time I saw them

上一次我看到他們


they were so little.

他們還那麼小


I tell my mom after the phone call is done

母親掛了電話之後,我對她說


that I'm going to wait for my sister to add me

我會等着姐姐來加我


and give her space.

給她一點空間


About thirty minutes later

大約三十分鐘後


the notification popped up on my phone.

我的手機上彈出了一則通知


She sent me a friend request.

她給我發送了好友申請


I needed this.

我需要它


I needed this more than I actually knew.

我對它的需要超過了自己所知


A question I have been pondering lately is

最近我一直在思考一個問題


how does one grieve the living?

人們爲什麼要爲還尚在的人緬懷感傷?


I missed my big sister.

我想念姐姐


I missed my niece and nephew.

我想念我的侄子侄女


I only met her 11 years ago

十一年前,我才第一次見到她


different dads, same moms, both remarried

同父異母,雙方的家長都已經再婚


but at the time she came into my life

但是,她出現在我生活裏的時候


I was in third grade

我才三年級


and I loved the fact that

我爲此由衷欣喜


I finally had a sister living with me,

因爲我終於有一個姐姐與我同住了


someone who I could hold onto

有人可以依靠


when I was scared,

當我害怕的時候


someone who would be there for me.

有人會陪在我身邊


I just never thought

只是我沒有想到


I would get to see her or hear from her again.

自己還能再見到她,聽到她的消息


I was scared that

曾經我十分害怕


when the time came for me to have a child

當我的孩子出生的時候


that they wouldn't ever meet their cousins.

他們不會見到自己的堂哥堂姐


I missed my big sister.

我想念我的姐姐


I missed her so much.

非常非常想念。


猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章