美語情景對話 第193期:初戀 First Love
Jessica: Kate, how old were you when you had your first boyfriend?
傑西卡:凱特,你交第一個男朋友的時候多大?Kate: My first proper boyfriend was probably when I was 14.
凱特:我第一次真正交男朋友是在14歲。Jessica: 14 What was his name?
傑西卡:14歲。他叫什麼名字?
Kate: His name was Murray.
凱特:他叫穆雷。Jessica: Murray. Wow. And did you meet him through school?
傑西卡:穆雷。哇哦。你是在學校認識他的嗎?Kate: He went to a different school, he went to a school near my school.
凱特:他和我不在同一所學校,他的學校就在我學校附近。Jessica: OK, so how did you meet him?
傑西卡:哦,那你是怎麼認識他的?Kate: We met through mutual friends. His friend knew my friend.
凱特:我們是通過共同的朋友認識的。他的朋友認識我的朋友。Jessica: OK. So now what, so did you actually go on dates with him when you were 14?
傑西卡:好。那你14歲的時候,有真的和他去約會嗎?Kate: Yes, we did.
凱特:是啊,我們約會了。Jessica: Wow. Where did you go?
傑西卡:哇。你們去哪裏了?Kate: We went to the cinema. We used to go and listen to music, watch bands, and we used to go to like the fair, and things like that.
凱特:我們去了電影院。我們常一起去聽音樂,看樂隊表演,去遊樂場,做類似這樣的事情。Jessica: Oh, cool. So were your parents cool with you having a boyfriend?
傑西卡:哦,酷啊。那你們的父母也覺得你交男朋友沒什麼問題嗎?Kate: Yes, yes. They really liked him.
凱特:是的,是的。他們很喜歡他。Jessica: Yeah, and they, Wow, that's really good, cause a lot of times parents aren't very cool with...
傑西卡:好的,他們,哇,這真好,許多時候父母都不會這麼冷靜……Kate: Yeah. We went out a long time.
凱特:是的。我們交往了很長時間。Jessica: How long did you go out?
傑西卡:你們交往了多長時間?Kate: Two and a half years, nearly three years.
凱特:兩年半,大約三年的時間。Jessica: So it finished when you were 17?
傑西卡:那你17歲的時候結束了這段感情?Kate: Yeah, 17.
凱特:對,17歲。Jessica: Do you still keep in touch with him?
傑西卡:你和他還有聯繫嗎?Kate: Yes, he's living in my flat at the moment.
凱特:是的,他現在住在我的公寓裏。Jessica: Really, Wow!
傑西卡:真的嗎,哇!Kate: Yeah, we're like really good friends.
凱特:對,我們就像非常好的朋友。Jessica: Oh, that's good.
傑西卡:哦,那真好。Kate: He's renting my flat off of me.
凱特:他租了我不住的公寓。Jessica: Oh, that's cool. Wonderful.
傑西卡:哦,那真酷。真好。重點講解:
1. go out
與(異性)交往;與…談戀愛;
eg. I once went out with a French man.
我曾經同一位法國男子交往過一段時間。
eg. They've only been going out for six weeks.
他們相戀才6周時間。
2. keep in touch with sb./sth.
保持聯繫;瞭解最新情況(或信息);
eg. Wherever you go, keep in touch with me, please.
無論你去哪裏,請與我保持聯絡。
eg. We must keep in touch with what is happening in foreign countries.
我們必須瞭解國外的動態。
3. at the moment
此刻;目前;眼下;
eg. At the moment, no one is talking to me.
此刻沒人跟我說話。
eg. The market is rather depressed at the moment.
目前的市場相當蕭條。