口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第2069期:視爲平常,視爲無價值

本文已影響 1.8W人 

情景對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2069期:視爲平常,視爲無價值

A: Ann is Always so careless.

安總是很粗心。

B: And she thinks nothing of it.

而且她對這一點從不在意。

A: Maybe we should have a talk with her about that.

我們應該和她好好談談這一點。

B:I suppose we do.

我想是的。

一, 詞海拾貝

think nothing of:視爲平常,視爲無價值

e.g. They think nothing of piling on our homework or giving surprise quizzes.

他們給我們留一大堆作業或搞突擊測試,對此他們覺得沒有什麼。

My brother earns so much money that he thinks nothing of spending $300 on a single meal.

我哥哥賺的錢那麼多,一頓飯花300美元也不在乎。

e.g. People in this country think nothing of eating every part of an animal, which is something I've never been able to stomach.

這個國家的人認爲吃動物的每一部分都是理所當然的事,而這是我從來都吃不下去的。

e.g. Your boss seems to think nothing of you, judging by the way she speaks about you behind your back.

你的老闆似乎沒有看得起你,從她在你背後說你的樣子就可以看得出。

e.g. These corporations think nothing of the rights and desires that the consumer might have—all that matters to them is the bottom line.

這些公司根本不考慮消費者可能擁有的權利和慾望,所有的這些事情對他們來說卻最重要的是底線。

二, 語彙積累

have a talk with someone about something:和某人談某事

e.g. He looks like he's got an axe to grind. Better have a talk with him.

他看來是牢騷滿腹, 你最好找他談談。

e.g. He was going to have a talk with me about this matter and attempt to get the thing in perspective.

他準備和我談談這件事,設法弄出個頭緒來。

Alexandra privately resolved that she would have a talk with lvar about this and stir him up.

Alexandra私自決定要找埃法爾談談這個問題,並鼓勵他一番。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章