一分鐘英語 第99期:Keep your eye on the ball
Welcome to English in a Minute!
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!A lot of idioms in American English come from sports.
美語中大量習語來源於體育。Here is one that comes from baseball: Keep your eye on the ball.
下面的習語就是個例子:全神貫注
Let's learn how to use this expression when not talking about sports.
讓我們來學習如何在不談論體育的情況下使用這個表達吧。Hey, Jonathan! How is your Arabic class going?
嗨,喬納森!你的阿拉伯語課上的怎麼樣啦?It's going okay. I'm not studying as much as I should be.
還不錯。不過我並沒有很努力地學習。Jonathan, you had better keep your eye on the ball if you want to win that scholarship to study in Egypt. Study harder!
喬納森,如果你真想贏得獎學金、去埃及讀書的話,你最好集中精力好好學習。加把勁兒!I know. I know. You're right.
我知道。我知道。你說的對。To "keep your eye on the ball" means to keep your attention on something important to you, usually to reach a goal.
"集中精力"表示,集中注意力在某件對你來說重要的事情上,通常是爲了實現某個目標。This idiom can be used in all situations.
這個習語適用於任何情況。In our example, Anna tells Jonathan he needs to keep his eye on the ball if he wants to get a scholarship.
在今天的例子中,安娜告訴喬納森,他需要集中精力,如果想要拿到獎學金。And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!