10個超可愛的俚語表達,地道又實用!
掌握一些有趣生動的俚語,讓我們的表達更地道!
1. Bob's your uncle
1. 很容易就解決了;一切如意
Just tell them you're a friend of mine and, Bob's your uncle, you'll get the job.
就告訴他們你是我的一個朋友,放心好了,你會得到那份工作的。
2. everything but/except the kitchen sink
2. 幾乎全部東西;過多的東西
We're only going on vacation for a week, but John will insist on taking everything but the kitchen sink.
我們只是去度假一週,但約翰還是堅持什麼東西都帶上。
3. donkey's years
3. 很久,很長時間
She's been in the same job for donkey's years.
她這份工作做了很久了。
4. do a runner
4. (爲逃避困境或付款而)開溜,逃離,逃跑
They were arrested after doing a runner from an expensive restaurant.
從一家昂貴的餐館逃單之後不久,他們就被逮捕了。
5. nothing to write home about
5. 沒什麼可寫的;很一般
Their performance was nothing to write home about.
他們的演出乏善可陳。
6. keep your eyes peeled/skinned
6. 留心;警覺;密切注意
Keep your eyes peeled for Polly and Maisie.
你留意盯着點波莉和梅茜。
7. be the best thing since sliced bread
7. 是很不錯的人;是非常好的事物
8.storm in a teacup=tempest in a teapot
8. 小題大做,大驚小怪
9. you could have heard a pin drop
9. (因着迷或驚訝而)鴉雀無聲
Margaret's ex-husband turned up at the wedding. Honestly, you could have heard a pin drop.
瑪格麗特的前夫出現在婚禮現場。老實說,當時全場真是鴉雀無聲。
10. sb's heart is in his/her mouth
10. 心提到嗓子眼,非常緊張
My heart was in my mouth when I opened the letter.
我打開那封信時心都快提到嗓子眼了。